My friend: So, are you still single?
Me: define single
Answers i usually get: (I will NOT comment on any of them, at least not now!)
- not talking regularly to a certain guy on the phone
- not going out with someone
- not sleeping with someone
- being able to go out with whomever u want
- not having a ring on ur finger
- not being in a relationship ( me love you, you love me)
- not in a stable emotional relationship
- not seeing anyone exclusively
- not planning future things with someone
So as you see.. Most people would NOT agree on the definition of single..
So why the hell don't u explain what u mean when ur asking me???! :D
P.S. The Apple disctionary thing defines it as "unmarried, or not in a stable sexual relationship".. Get that for being clear! LOL
Friday, April 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wouldnt it be more efficient for you to scope your answer? ;) I imagine that anyone asking you if you're single would be expecting an answer that is relative to what you define as being single :P
After all, if person A defines single as "not in a state where conditions A, B and C are true" and person B's definition only requires that A and B not be true... that could definitely lead to some funny stories ;)
Well.. one thing I am learning about DiDi, is that she is VERY precise.. A question can be broad.. like: How are you? but what part of you did I actually mean ;)
But I agree, the term " Single" differs... But I know if that friend wanted to ask you if you're getting laid, she would have bluntly asked " DiDi are you getting laid?"
dp: efficient, yes.. has the proper amount of secrecy.. no :P
Mystique: well, not everyone is as forward as you are dear :P
UPDATE UPDATE
Post a Comment