Friday, July 14, 2006

World Cup.. Again!

I wanted to write another post about the world cup.. but I've been too lazy to do that.. today I came across an interesting article/blog about the global effect of the world cup on different countries.. I quote:

".. people in China were warned about getting enough sleep at night, because the games were held at midnight their time. It is estimated that Chinese productivity decreased considerably due to sleep deficiency within the past month. The British were also warned about seeking time off from work to watch the games via false physician's notes! The Cambodian president appealed to his people not to gamble their land, their cows and all their belongings on these games, while the Algerian government apologized to its people for not being able to buy the broadcast rights of the games!.."

So.. what effect did it have on OUR country??.. he he.. I guess it's the restaurants got more crowded.. the streets got more crowded.. the people got more high-strung.. friends got another way of socializing and..umm.. what else? :)

No comments: