Everytime my friends and I want to go out, we have to spend ages deciding where to go.. Last time, I actually gave them an "off-the-top-of-my-head" list of places organized by location, and still it was difficult!
Solution:
Post an updatable list of all the places in Jeddah that human ladies like us can hang out in.. with your help ofcourse!
I'm organizing them this time by location, maybe coffee/dinner would be better?
P.S.
* Bassem told me about these places, but I've never been there! :) His comments will be in this color :)
I'd also like to thank OT, who was also kind enough to offer a quick "Review" of the some of these places. All his comments will be in this color :)
Tahliya:
- Barnie's Restuarant/Cafe: I just plain don't like it.. I don't know why!
- The place in Promenade II: Their food is not that good, and neither is the place, the stairs are creepy!
- Benihana:(Japanese) Good food, but you end up smelling like, well, food! Oh yeah, and it's not that light on the wallet, but it's worth it
- Lallo:(Italian) Finally went there! quiet atmosphere.. quite small actually, with a home-y feel to it.. their food is good, and you can actually buy their uncooked pastas and raviolis to cook them at home for very reasonable prices.. (I'll do that next time I go!). My complaint? not enough ravioli choices.. :/
- Fuddruckers: Yummy food.. place full of memories.. and the brownies.. and the fries.. and the cheese.. yummm!
- Blasamico: (Italian/European): Has shisha, food and atmosphere are average.. (OT) I like the couches outside, but now in the summer time, there's a minimum charge apparently! (I HATE the minimum charge idea!!!)
-La Villa: (1/2 Italian, 1/2 Indian) both cuisines are very good... (OT)
-Goodies: (Lebanese) has quick mazzeh food.. (OT)
-Baguette: Sandwiches and other fatty foods... Not bad... (OT)
- Second Cup: (Coffee) you must try the vanilla bean hot chocolate.. yummm! and the setting is very relaxed.. It's like an up-graded Starbucks :)
- Tea Amo: (Tea) Nice selection of different teas.. relaxed atmosphere.
- Harley: i haven't gone there in a couple of years. According to Bassem, it's a basically a place for Shoshos with an infamous reputation
- Piano Cafe: according to what I've heard, it's not a place for ladies to hang out.. Bassem agrees.
- Gilateria: (Icecream) I never set a foot in that place; It's more for the "younger/dating" crowd.. Used to be a favorite place of Bassem. They changed the manager and stopped serving m3assel so he stopped going there.
Rawda:
- Osaka:(Japanese) Bennihana's food is better, but the place offers more privacy ;)
- El Forno:
- Pearls: I don't like that place.. dunno why! But they have nice music (Bassem)
- Black Rose: Never been there, but heard it was overpriced, overdimmed, and according to Bassem, lots of Shosho were around. Ahmed says the food is actually good. :)
-Le Chalet Cafe: (Swiss) Lovely place. The food is good. It's usually not crowded and the lighting is dim so it offers some nice privacy. (Bassem)
-Gulf Royal: (Chinese) Above average Chinese food... Large selection (OT) I prefer it for take-out though.. coz the setting isn't that nice, Bassem agrees.
-TOKI: (Gourmet Chinese): The best food in Jeddah, even Saudi I would say... Amazing (OT), as opposed to Over priced and i didn't like the food that much. (Bassem)
- Chai & Ba: (Tea) also a tes lounge, you can go studythere in the morning, more casual than Tea Amo, and they have a big screen tv.. you can also buy the tea you liked. A must try: Orange jasmine tea
Andalus & Falasteen:
- Chili's: (Mexican/American) Very fatty.. everything is fried and oiled.. but i still love it. Major downpoint: on wednesday afternoon, there can be a wait for up to an hour and a half.
-TGI Fridays: (American) Better than Applebee's. Bassem's favortie American food place.
- Applebee's: (Amercian) There's also one located in Prince Sultan street.
(Just to clarify, i have a theory of how things go; people go to Chili's, they don't find a place, so they go back into their cars, and drive to Friday's. Now if Friday's was full too, that's when they go to Applebee's)
- Mon Cafe: It's one of those wanna-be-different-so-all-the-lights-are-out kind of place, which turns freaky when you realize that they have blacklights on (!!) I's hard to concentrate on the quality of the food when the teeth of the person in front of u are glowing white!
- Java Lounge: Used to be very nice.. Their m3assil is quite good, but it's become overpriced for a lounge.. I mean, 45 S.R. for a tiny cup of juice??! That is, excluding the 15% service charge!
- Vertigo: Setting is nice, food selection is rather odd; most of it completely suck, but some are just great, overpriced for the quality of food, and for the quality of people you find (more of a higher-class Shosho place at later hours). It's funny how different the atmosphere is from Java which is literally 10 meters away!
- Cafe Aroma: (Fusion) Great food, horrible service.. (OT) but i think the food has this preservative salt or something in it, coz evey time i come back a gallon of water can't quench my thirst
- Lost City: Aroma wanna-be (Bassem)
- Shahrazad Tandoor: (Indian): It's a wierd indian restaurant that Mytique took us to; great food, hilarious setting!
- La Cuisine:(French) Great food, classic setting.
- Black & White:
- Joffrey's:
- Senses: (Fusion + Sushi) somewhat similar to Java (same owner), more expensive though. I like the tvs with psychedelic stuff on it. The reason why i don't go is.. umm.. the stairs really freak me out; i feel like i'm gonna fall through them.. And since i always wear high heels, someone either has to hold my hand on the way up (i prefer they carry me, but whatever), or it takes me a full 10 minutes to go up.. what's wrong with elevators.. or normal stairs??
- Bubbles: The setting is gorgeous, that food is okay, but it's way overpriced (especially with the DUMB minimum charge rule).. My advice? Go there for american coffee and a vanilla Mille-feuix at 5 pm at the seats near the window.. just great!
- Byblos: same as bubbles, but add to it that i would not go out of my house to a restuarnt and pay all the for lebanese food! I eat yummy lebanese food at home!
- Red: (Japanese) mixed reviews... The sushi is supposedly very fresh... (OT) I also heard there's a karaoke room.. wanna go Mystique?
-Maharaja: (Indian) Good food, run down and old spot... (OT)
-Lenuo Cafe: (Pizzeria) Very good pizza, and the Nutella covered calzone with 7alawa ta7eeniya inside is to die for!! (OT) I hope OT would realize that if he didn't provide me with the exact location of this place i just might hunt him down, find where he lives, and gives him what he deserves for hiding such a wonderful place from the rest of the human race.. :)
- Shezan: (Persian) Dont like it :/ (OT)
- Sanabeek: (Seafood) A la 3anbariya and Shara style...
- Irani (Persian): Heard it was bad...
-Casper & Gambini's: Amazing salads and wonderful interior design.. great to have breakfast at.. anbd the quality of their delivery is even better than their in-house.. i think it's the most popular and healthy delivery place in Jeddah
Tareeg Al-Malik & Corniche:
- Havana: It's really tiny. Hilarious setting. food and drinks are good. and the brownies.. (L)
- Nakheel: Best big out-doors place in Jeddah (for the lack of something better). Service sucks though, and I'm sorry to tell you Ahmed, but kids are finding their way there these days.. just ask Mysitque!
- Steak House*: (American) been to the one in Andalus. Good food, but the setting is not that nice. I'm a sucker for good baked potatoes..
- Zee Noodles*: (Oriental) The place is very nice. The food is good. The service is rather quick. The prices are reasonable. (Bassem)
-Multaqa (Laylaty): Amazing food with fresh pasta and sushi, but very pricey (SR 250-300 per person) (OT)
-Bice (Italian @ Hilton): The best Italian restaurant in Jeddah... Very pricey though (SR 250-300) (OT)
-Il Gabbiano: (Italian) Good pasta, but the interior design is lousy!! (OT)
Sari Street:
- Shisha Cafe*: Right next to Nando's behind Samba bank. They only serve m3assel and juices though. However, their m3assel is great (Bassem)
Other:
-Shurafa (Fusion): I heard the pizza and sushi are great... (OT) The food is soo yummy.. used to go there all the time in the old location, but now, the interior makes me feel like i'm at some old relative's house with the crystal-ly gold-y decor.. a bit too old for me :)
Sunday, August 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Plz add the following as well:
Tahliya Area:
-Balsamico
-La Villa
-Goodies
-Baguette
Rawda Area:
-Le Chalet Cafe
-Gulf Royal Chinese Rest.
-TOKI
Andalus + Falasteen St:
-Red (Japanese)
-Aroma Cafe (Fusion)
-Shahrazad (Indian)
-Maharaja (Indian)
-Leno Cafe (Pizzeria)
-Shezan (Persian)
-Sanabeek (Seafood)
-Irani (Persian)
Malek Rd. + Corniche:
-Multaqa (Laylaty)
-Bice (Italian @ Hilton)
Other:
-Shurafa (Fusion)
Hmm I'll try to think of more Inshallah...
Hey gurl,
Good post, and the restaurant is called Shahrazad Tannoor. and this post would do great on Jeddah's blog!
Cheers
OT: Thanks! but where exactly is Leno Cafe? also, if u have any comments about the places, that would be nice :)
Mystique: thanks for the name.. and i would put in in jeddah blog if SOMEONE would send me an INVITE!
Tahliya Area:
-Balsamico (European): Has shisha, food and atmosphere are average..
-La Villa: 1/2 Italian, 1/2 Indian, both cuisines are very good...
-Goodies: Lebanese place with quick mazzeh food..
-Baguette: Sandwiches and other fatty foods... Not bad...
Rawda Area:
-Le Chalet Cafe: ???
-Gulf Royal Chinese Rest: Above average Chinese food... Large selection
-TOKI: The best food in Jeddah, even Saudi I would say... Amazing gourmet Chinese
Andalus + Falasteen St:
-Red (Japanese): Heard mixed reviews... The sushi is supposedly very fresh...
-Aroma Cafe (Fusion): Great food, horrible service...
-Shahrazad (Indian): Good food...
-Maharaja (Indian): Good food, run down and old spot...
-Leno Cafe (Pizzeria): Very good pizza, and the Nutella covered calzone with 7alawa ta7eeniya inside is to die for!!
-Shezan (Persian): Dont like it :/
-Sanabeek (Seafood): A la 3anbariya and Shara style...
-Irani (Persian): Heard it was bad...
-Casper & Gambini's: Amazing salads and wonderful interior design..
Malek Rd. + Corniche:
-Multaqa (Laylaty): Amazing food with fresh pasta and sushi, but very pricey (SR 250-300 per person)
-Bice (Italian @ Hilton): The best Italian restaurant in Jeddah... Very pricey though (SR 250-300)
-Il Gabbiano: Good pasta, but the interior design is lousy!!
Other:
-Shurafa (Fusion): I heard the pizza and sushi are great...
Someone can't wait to try the Nutella dessert :P Well, Leno Cafe is basically in the complex that had the old Diwan with the theme park... Basically a block or 2 before Casper...
when you told me about the post i came and saw it had a lot of places missing! i thought i'd come back later to update it but i see OT has done the job pretty well lol
looooooong comment:
in Tahliya: please add:
Harley: Well, it's a basically a place for Shoshos with an infamous reputation
Piano Cafe: Same as Harley but i've never been there. I heard they closed it though, right?
Gilateria: Used to be a favorite place of mine. They changed the manager and stopped serving m3assel so i stopped going there. It's mainly an Ice Cream shop
Barnie's cafe and Promenade II place suck :P
Balsamico: oh yeah the couches outside can be really lovely esp in the winter but the minimum charge sucks. There weren't any when the place opened
Rawda:
Osaka: i said the exact same thing to OT a couple of days ago :P
Le Chalet (Swiss). Lovely place. The food is good. It's usually not crowded and the lighting is dim so it offers some nice privacy.
ps. Osaka and Le Chalet are both belong to my relaive :P
Pearls: I like the music they put
Black Rose: My sis went there. She said lots of Shosho were around.
Gulf Royal: But the setting isn't nice though
Toki: Over priced and i didn't like the food that much.
Friday's: My favroite American food place.
Applebee's: The one located in Prince Sultan street is much nicer.
Vertigo: The setting is rather nice. The food is very bad though. Advice: Go there only for m3assel.
Lost City: Aroma wanna-be.
La Cuisine: My parnets love this place. I haven't been there myself but they the food is great.
Black & White: A place where i started to realize my ex was gone forever. :S
Senses: Similiar to Java but slightly more expensive.
Leno Cafe ak.a. Pizza Leno ;) Nice place with very good food. OT have described where it is
Havana: Yet another place infamous for Shoshos. The smallest place ever. Some like its food though
Nakheel: The best out-doors place in jeddah in my opinion.
Steak House: The one in Malik road has slightly better setting than the one in Andalus. Not very different though
Zee Noodle: Oriental: The place is very nice. The food is good. The service is rather quick. The prices are reasonable. I'm taking Didi there at some point :P
There are only a few of the places on the list that i haven't been to. I plan on when i have enough cash lol
oh yeah!
Sari Street:
Shisha Cafe: Right next to Nando's behind Samba bank. They only serve m3assel and juices though. However, their m3assel is great
oh yeah.. as Mystique said.. this should be at Jeddah's Blog ;)
in my opinion:
Black rose cafe: nice and romantic place, expensive but food is good.
Nakheel (cornich): our fav place for 12 years now :P i love atmosphere, food and sheesha..plus..u dont see kids around the place which is GOOD lol
great list!
Oh well that is a great post.
but I gotta warn the readers, OT has great taste in food, everytime I call him and ask, he provides a great reference except once for a stupid blackend chicken salad with couscous, god it was hell, but other than that he would be one of my favorite people to eat with :)
awwww thanks Mystique :) that was such a nice thing to say hehe... I am picky when it comes to food :/
You made me hungry. Thanks a lot! :|
:P I wish someone would make a similar post concerning Riyadh, but then again, I'm not too fond of eating restaurant food when I'm here; I'd rather eat homemade food. A list would be great though...you're spoiling your Jeddah-living friends and not us Riyadh-living friends *pouts*
mochness: lool.. well, if u really want, i atually have a list of Riyadh restaurants.. here it goes:
- restaurants that are in the major hotels of Riyadh: no partitions, food is good, people are mostly foreigners.. your best bet unless you'd like to come over here to Jeddah :P
now i'm spoiling u too :D
Post a Comment