I’ve always had a very hard time removing things from my life..
clothes..
Shoes..
Makeup..
Books..
Old college notes..
Old school notes..
CDs of computer programs I don’t use (circa ’95)..
Pretty pens that don’t work..
Ugly pens that work but I almost never use..
Photos..
Old letters..
Emails..
Email accounts..
Memoires..
Little dust-collecting junk..
DVDs I never watch..
files on my computer..
A whole other computer..
Newspapers clippings..
Cookbooks..
Random recipes..
Old receipts..
Magazines..
Teddy bears from when I was a kid..
Extra weight..
Messenger contacts..
Relationships..
People..
I’ve been getting better.. I started with the hard part.. letting go of people who add nothing to my life.. relationships which are just there for no reason; taking much of both our times (and sometimes emotional wellbeing) and giving nothing in return..
I guess the rest will just be easier, right?..
So what do YOU have a hard time letting go of? :)
Wednesday, January 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm a packrat and an organizational freak so... pretty much everything ;) I have however, accumulate random stuff like
- Cableties, twistties, elastics, string, little bags
- Screws, bolts, nuts, washers
- Random bits of software I will never use
- Random movies I will never watch
- Random music stuff i will never listen to
- Random games I will never play
- For every program/game I have, I have all the patches, updates, fixes, tweaks ... even if I never us it ;)
- More recently ... random crap like cologne, moisturizer, makeup, clips, aka random usefless crap lol
I suppose the one thing i cant seem to collect enough are phone numbers and money ;)
well, I am actually really good in letting things go, that I sometimes let go too soon and afterwards regret it, whether it was deleting an email or throwing away a reciept..
But I guess the hardest is letting go of close people and old habits that I love or a certain lifestyle that comforts me, that to me is the worst..
i used to be like that a long time ago..
i guess i've changed since i have no problems letting go of anything now..
the rest should be easier depending on your mentality ;)
Post a Comment