
You know when you buy a couple of books with the intention to read them as soon as you get home, and then for some reason you just put them aside on your desk and the "couple of books" turns into a big, dusty pile? how about when your friends have actually gone through their piles and are recommending some more books for you to read??
That EXACTLY what's going on with me!!
So hereby i state that i'm willing to go through at least 80% of the following list before the summer.. umm.. ok.. let's make it 60 :)
Here is my list:
1. Miss Remarkable and the Career by Joanna Rubin Dranger: an amazing "comic" book.. a must read for any super-achiever like myself..
2. Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom: A "modern classic". I totally forgot i had bought it :/
3. The Many Faces of Men by Stephen Whitehead: the definitive guide to all men (that's what the cover says, and that what my best friend says too!)
4. How to Have a Beautiful Mind by Edward de Bono: a change fron all the men-oriented books i seem to have at the moment.
5. Why Men Lie and Women Cry by Allan and Barabara Pease: I remember reading a pocket book by the same writers.. also about men and women.. but i forgot what i t's called..
6. How to Walk in High Heels by Camilla Morton: It's a cute "manual" on how to do anything from buying Manolo's to changin a light bulb :)
7. A Modern Girl's Guide to Etiquette by Sarah Ivens: I wanted a book about etiquette in general but this is all i could find.. i started it but i "paused" in the middle.. there's nothing so special about it..
8. The Art of Seduction by Robert Greene: I've had this book for over a year!! it's beyond me why i didn't read it yet.
9. The Complete Idiot's Guide to Understanding Saudi Arabia by Colin Wells: I also started this book like a year ago, which means that i'll have to skim through the parts i already read to refresh my memory.. but it's AMAZING.. even though they author is American, the accuracy and lack of racism in which he depicts the history of Saudi Arabia since the beginning of Islam till the current rulers is just wonderful. It's a must read for anyone Saudi or interested in The Saudi international affairs.. :)
That was my semi-final list.. I'm sure that i'll find some books hidden somewhere in the next few days..
I just really hope i would "accomplish my goal" and finish most of them before the summer.. wow!.. i already feel motivated!!
Good Luck ME!
3 comments:
Well,
I want The Many Faces of Men, and The Art of Seduction..
:")
i read #8, The Art of Seduction. Great book.
i'd like to read #9.
Saudieve..
Did u read the big book or the pocket?.. because the big one is just too long .. :|
Post a Comment