Thursday, June 15, 2006

All Nighters

Who here have ever stayed up all-night to work on a project, read proof a presentation or study for a test?.. MEEEEEE.. and I guess most of you have done that at one time or another..

As for myself, I've been doing this for a few years now, though i guess this year I haven't pulled as much all nighters as a couple of years ago, because I'm starting to learn about a little thing they call "Functioning When NOT Under Pressure" <-- (New concept to me)

However, my blog today is not about this, but rather about something I just discovered like 5 minutes ago, which I find to be as much of a help during an all-nighter as a faithful cup of coffee or a fellow all-nighter-puller..

I announce..

THE JUMPING ROPE!

Yup, you've read it correctly.. a jumping rope.. That thing we used to play with when we were like 5..

I'll explain..

Haven't you ever read an article about pulling all-nighters? Didn't you notice that they all refer to "physical activity" as a very effective way to stay awake, yet none offers a practical way to do that?.. And this is where the jumping rope comes into play.. It's easy to get, practical to use in the middle of the night (unlike a jog down the street or something), it's fun, and you only need to do like 30 seconds to feel energized.. and the best part of it all.. you don't have to leave your room!!

BONUS: If the reason you're pulling all-nighters is having your final exams, then it's quite possible that you've gained a few pounds as well (ehem!) and this is a great way to start burning some calories!!

I just did 20 jumps (I have one of those cool ropes which actually count for you.. he he).. And I'm aiming for 100 a day/night (not tonight ofcourse, it's almost 1 am)..

And last thing.. ENJOY!

P.S. Music helps too :)

2 comments:

SunShine said...

LOL I love it! great way to get back at my noisy neighbors!! Thanks =D

DiDi said...

Anytime Sunshine! :)