The day has come..
Ever since our senior year in highschool (which feels like a million years ago), my girlfriends and i used to say that we should set a reunion date, so that no matter how far we are from each other, we'll still get to meet up at least once a year, all of us, just like the "old days"..
We all had big dreams.. We ended up staying in the same country, even the same city for 4 more years.. I/We used to think it's a huge disappointment that we couldn't just travel and fulfill our dreams, I guess we were too young and excited to realize that the day will come when we will carry out our dreams.. Now that i look back, I thank God for those beautiful times i spent with my friends..
Last year, Sunshine left to Canada, for an entire year.. It was very strange getting used to not having her around.. Then she graduated, and between that and moving to Riyo for her job, she managed to squeeze in a week of semi-vacation in Prague where I had a great time. And now, she's in Riyo..
Another close friend was supposed to go to London to do her masters around 9 months ago, but for various reasons she kept postponing it.. she's leaving on ..
A third friend is leaving to Vienna for her masters also..
A fourth is leaving for Canada next year..
There go all my close friends.. I wish them all the luck in the world, and I'll truly miss them :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes i think i'm too attached to my friends, probably because i have no sisters or cousins my age that i'm close to.. maybe emotionally? I don't know.. It's just that I give a lot, and expect the same in return.. I worry about what will happen when they leave; will we still be friends? this close? even with all of life's everyday stress and being busy with a "new" life? I don't know..
But now I believe in something
If you love someone, set them free,
If they come back, It was meant to be..
I love you girls..
This was deep.. wow
Friday, October 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wow. *insert mushy moment here* :)
totally know what ur talking about.. no sis, no cousins.. u took that from the tip of my tongue.. just one more thing.. the friends that are getting married.. i really wish them ALL the best.. but DAMN! did they have to do it now?? i'm gonna miss them!!!
Keeping in touch isn't the key to staying friends... It might, and probably will happen, that weeks or maytbe even months will pass without u 2 communicating properly, but don't feel down if that happens, cuz it doesn't mean that its the begining of the end... During my stay in the US for college, there were some friends who I'd only talk to once or twice for the whole semester, but then when I come back during the break, we'd be as close as we ever were... Now that I'm done with college, my closest friends are still those who I graduated from high school with...
Hey thank you for the kind words..
I will miss you too..
But I am coming back inshAllah and who knows what the future brings, we might live or work in the same building or district!
We are still young and inshalla have many years ahead of us to live and accomplish, and through it all I know we will remain good friends..
Take care
WW: totally agree on the effort part.. love u :)
dp: come one, u can do better than that :P
p!nk: some ppl when they get married it's as if they left, and some stay just the same; in touch with their friends and their pre-marital life.. I hope that they all turn out to be the second type :D
-ot-: yeah, but you're guys.. what would u even talk about on the phone?? :P we're girls :D
Shimozi: LOL @ working in the same bldg.. sooo true! i hope we'll all remian good friends..
ALLAH Y5ALEEKOM LIYYA :D
Didi,
I've been going recently through my old cards and notes, I've found cards I got from Shimozi and White Witch and from you too.
I mean it was so touchy that after all of these years we are still maintaing a good friendship, I mean even if we don't see each other frequently, when we meet we go back to exactly where we were.
You wrote in a note to me in one day " You were always an amazing cheerful friend, you always were around us singing, laughing, dancing, and making fun of everything, and you've kept us laughing in bad times"
and I read to Shimozi the other day her cards, and we remembered all these old times, she even put a picture of us together before and after LOL, well in 2 years time we turned to two hot yummy chicks! Mama mia!
It's strange how each one of us had her own dreams, some of us went for her dreams, some of us is living her dream, but in any circumstances we were there for each other, supporting each other even from a distant.
I really cherish our friendship together, and I love you so much, even if I don't always show it, even if I act in a weird unexplainable way, but I love you my very own way.
P.S. and lets plan a reuinion party before we all head towards our destination!!
Cheers
Post a Comment