Ever since we were kids, we would buy new clothes for Eid (the holiday after the last day of Ramadan).. It's a tradition that everyone did.. but some people, when they "grow up", the stop doing it.. i have no idea why!! It's just sooo much fun!
As for my wardrobe this year, I'm going with the casual look which i can actually get a lot of use out of later on..
so here we go..
- pair of super-skinny jeans --> check!
- some sort of shirt --> check!
- a couple of more tops --> check!
- ONE pair of shoes --> check!
- emergency options for unexpected family events --> check!
- golden bangles... *still looking*
- a watch --> check! (i took my dad's.. they're so gorgeous! lol)
---> I'm almost finished!! YAY!
At times like this, we remember the less fortunate, and would like to make these days as happy and festive for them as they are for us.. So:
- If you'd like to donate money, clothes or toys.. *
- If you know of Saudi families which need help..
- If you know of any bride-to-be who could use help in preparing her "jihaz"
then please contact me on this blog/email as soon as possible.. Thanks! :)
----------------------------
*: There are a group of girls who work in association with WAMY, they know of almost 70 families of different nationalities (the majority are non-Saudi) who live in Kilo 14 who could use our help. The girls personally know a lot of details about these families, including the number and ages of fmaily memebers, so you can rest assures that your donation reaches its correct place. I'll be there myself for some of the work. Ladies are welcome to join :)
-----------------------
Update:
If anyone's interested u can contact me on my email: daysofdidi@hotmail.com Jazakom Allah khair mo8addaman! :)
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
well i'm one of those who grew out of eid clothes thing!
we used to have a special closet where we put all of our new stuff!
and the eid night we'd put on our new PJs!
now i wear my new stuff the next day without waiting !
good for u u managed to get ur shopping done! it's hard these days! it's like going to war!
my uncle does our donation thing :)
but it's a very good idea
Thats so considerate of you, I am VERY interested...
I also stopped buying Eid clothes... Actually I dont do much shopping in Saudi! I wait till I go to London and then I shop till I drop!! *Drooling over the thought of a shopping spree in London*
Anyway, I'll contact u with regards to the donation thingie soon...
Bassem: But it's sooo much fun!! if you don't do that, then what do you do to celebrate Eid??
Godfather: great! u can contact me on my email if u'd like :)
-ot-: u and Bassem are so boring!! and the drooling over shopping.. how manly! :P
Nothing wrong with loving to shop... Nothing wrong with it at all... I hope u marry a guy who doesn't care about shopping and ends up wearing red slippers with green pants and a yellow t-shirt, let his manliness impress u then :P
there is this campaign to sponsor Tsunami orphans by $1 a day. The campaign is organized by the islamic development bank (reliable source.
to donate:
account no. 1234 NCB
Good luck!
Post a Comment