Is there such a thing as "good" sex and "bad" sex?..
Is sex "wrong"?..
If not, then is talking about it "wrong"?..
If not, then why don't people talk about it more often?
The public lack of knowledge about sex never fails to amuse me.. even among the well-educated, modernized women.. Yes, they are light-years ahead of the rest of the Arab society, but still.. there are certain questions that remain un-answered.. some of the essential everyday mysteries remain unexplained..
Sex is not just an instinct.. It's not just a need.. It's not just an expression of feelings.. It's not just complete understanding and acceptance of both your bodies.. It's all that wrapped into one.. and a little bit more.. Yet, somehow, people are supposed to "get it".. no explaining, teaching, clarifying, or sharing required (!).. It seems sort of strange to me..
Through my studies, I have learned a lot about the male and female bodies; the way they're structured, the way they work, and the way they think. And the more I read, the more I learn.. There's no "end" to it.. (I had to do a hell of reading on the side!) In the midst of it all, I came across quite a few things that I find necessary to know, and it puzzles me why this important knowledge is not taught to the rest of the population. I mean, is it perfectly logical to teach the poor 11th graders about the body parts of a bee, but not their own bodies?..
Just think about it, can you really work with a machine if you've never read the manual?
Wednesday, May 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I think we were raised to learn that "sex" is shameful and abnormal. You find most parents, even modern ones, telling their kids that a movie with a sex scene is "عيب". They should teach their kids, once they are old enough to understand, the difference between socially accepted sex, like loving couple's sex, and socially unaccepted sex, like porn movies sex. You should elaborate more, maybe give some unknown facts about males and females bodies during sex that many would benefit from knowing about; like a mini sex101 course on your humble blog.
A mini sex101 course??? Sounds good. Sounds great! Sounds Absolutely SUPERB!!! If you need anyone to do 'stunts' in your course, I'm available :)
Dotsson, thank you for your comment...
I was talking more professionally and scientifically about the matter...
People like you is what I would call "socially unacceptable sex models".
I would love to hear Didi's opinion on the matter as well...
MOJ.. you said it all babes.. :) Your idea is wonderful but i'm afraiad i'll have to postpone it for a little while.. with the exams and all :/ maybe it would be the summer feature? :)
Dotsson.. Thank you for your offer, but i'll have to decline.. :/
Hey! Just because I made that comment doesn't mean I'm a 'socially unacceptable sex model'.
For your information, one of my favorite subjects in highschool was biology and when we got to the reproduction part, it was actually quite interesting. It was nice to learn about the female menstrual cycle and how the lining of the uterus builds up and then breaks down (even though I still think it is disgusting).
Or about the different methods of contraception and their pro's and con's... or why men get erections and why it hurt's when we press on our balls...
I'm not your average guy who is completely blank when it comes to sex. My knowledge of sex and the human body in general is pretty good!!!!
WW: I truly hope that it does.. But from what i've seen it's going to be a long while.. One of my professors once said (a guy with a PhD in health education from the States) - and i quote- "In the West, they teach sex education in school; they tell the boy how to make sex with a girl and the girl how to make sex with a boy".. no comment!
raf* and abdulla: welcome to my Blog :)
raf*: very true.. but before sex ed, were there all these negative cultural ideas about sex?
abdulla: Interesting.. I don't know if it's required in all schools.. but the curriculum is mostly the same in all schools -standardized (I remember this because there was a huge debate a few months ago about whether or not to say that abstinence is the best was to protect from STDs and unwanted pregnancy).. I'll try to find out :)
What da hell!!
I've been busy not reading my favorite blogs, and you guys have been talking about sex without ME!!
but I know what triggered that post ya didi.. :")
Personally I really do agree with MOJ that we are raised that it is "eayb" to talk about sex or even discuss it.. and that alone plays a critical part in our sex lives.
moreover, I think porno movies are okay and they should be accepted, but not socially ya'ani "alone" , why not spice up things :")
Mystique: I think you and Dotsson should be better friends.. u think the same way ;|
99 out of 100 people have watched porn.
The 100th one is a liar.
Dotsson: you can't post the same comment on 2 different posts!! isn't there some rule against that?! :/
Post a Comment