For some reason, a lot of people don't like chewing gum.. they categorize it as unhealthy/waste of time/unprofessional.. mind you, i'm not talking about those people who chew gum with their mouth open or while giving a lecture (no comment)..
I read this today in Wrigley's website about the benefits of chewing gum...
- Improves Concentration: At work, chewing gum helps us concentrate on the task at hand. Many truck drivers find that chewing gum helps them stay alert at the wheel. (Tried and tested by me; chewing gum while studying is great!.. They should allow school students to chew gum, maybe that would\ve helped us stay awake during those boring classes)
- Eases Tension: As early as 1939, scientific studies showed how chewing reduces muscular tension and helps people feel more at ease. Because it is so well-recognized for helping stay alert at the same time it eases tension, the U.S. Armed Forces have supplied chewing gum to its soldiers ever since World War I. It is still included in field and combat rations today. (I found this in particular quite interesting.. u think it's true??)
- Freshens Breath (Self explanatory)
- Provides a Low-calorie Snack Chewing gum often satisfies the desire for a between-meals snack, yet each stick averages less than 10 calories. (I always do this when i want some sugar!)
- Helps Fight Tooth Decay After meals, it isn't always convenient to use a toothbrush. Chewing gum stimulates the production of saliva, which helps neutralize acids from foods that may cause tooth decay.
SO in conclusion --> chew gum!! (I LOVE making bubbles with it.. does anyone know the benefits of that?!)
Sunday, October 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
This post gives the indication of lots of free time :P
i don't care about any of those stuff :P i chew gum because i like it lol
and mama always te5a9emny 3la 7ekayat albubbles di !
i always have Extra in my coat ;)
and Smint in my car too!
I LOVE gum! but i'm not supposed to eat it!! for some reason it makes some sort of infection in my ears!!!
explain THIS med. students.. :p
oooh the extra sugary ones the 7ajja sells, the red and yellow ones with the Tattoo thingie hehe... The flavor goes after like chewing for 20 seconds :P
(chew)I would (chew)(chew) explain (chew) a (chew) bit about (chew)(chew)(chew) gum (chew) but I'm afraid (chew) I've run out (chew)(chew)(chew) and must (chew) go (chew) get some more (chew)(chew)
Bassem: when we were kids, they used to tell us that boys who chew gum won't have moustche when they grow up LOL. and how come u never offer me gum if u have so much??! and btw, smint is NOT gum :P
p!ink: i'll ask for u.. it's probably coz ur weird :P
-ot-: ooh i just love them! lol.. today i saw them in one of the kids candy bags that we're giving out, i was gonna take it rightout! (i realized it was wrong)
dp: which are ur favorite? :D
Post a Comment