"The Many Faces of Men: The Definitive Guide to the Male Species"
This book is written for both women and men; for women to "identify" the men in her life and understand them, and for men to understand themselves.
(Comment on the side: is it just me or are all the books out there for women to understand men, and never the other way around?)
The authors theorizes that all men must fall under one of the 27 "Faces" that are listed, and rarely do some fall under more than one "face", unless they're in a transition period. (Yup, even MEN change!).
Under each face, he lists the "Face's" main characteristics; what he's like, what sort of women he goes for and if he's the man for you, what he's like as a romancer, long-life partner, father, boss and friend, then he adds some socio-psycho-babble to make it all scientific. Finally, he sums it up by tips on how to spot this face, his bedroom performance, what to do if he's your partner and his catch phrase.
At first I thought, no way, it must all be a bunch of B.S… TWENTY-SEVEN TYPES?? I mean. guys I know are basically 4 or 5 types: the bastard, the nice one, the nerd/geek, the blah and the womanizer. But as I got to read it, it all started to make sense.. women apparently ASSUME that they're just 4 or 5, which leads to incorrect classification and thus a wrong approach. (what kind of sentence was that?)
The Faces I read about till now were:
1. Achilles
2. Adonis
3. Alpha-male
4. backpacker
5. chamele-man (from chameleon)
6. club man
7. cool poser
8. corporate man
9. gadgetman
For "some reason", I'd like to elaborate on the gadget-man.. :)
GADGETMAN
Main Characteristics
A real techno-freak, good with his fingers, poor eyesight, insular and socially inept, contented in a sad sort of way.
what sort of woman does gadget man go for?
A woman who is just like him would be ideal. Unfortunately, or fortunately, there are fewer Gadgetwomen around than there are Gadgetmen, so he has to settle for someone altogether more socially rounded and mature.
Is gadgetman the man for you?
If like Gadgetman, you've decided you prefer the virtual world to the real one, he'd make the ideal lover or partner. Think of all the cozy nights, curled up in front of the PC screen, opening new windows together.
How does gadgetman perform in the bedroom?
Well, it's possible he's learnt some interesting stuff from all those hours spent on the internet, but that shows that he's better with theory than the practice. So I'm afraid that you'll have to take the led between the sheets.
Most likely to say:
"Damn, it's crashed again."
The book is a must read.. (girls, you'll defeintely find people you know in there!)
Sunday, May 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Ya 3eny ya 3eny,
Some one has been reading very entertaining books without ME!
Why the gadget man, he seems to such, Can you elaborate please on men who loves to
1)hug
2)cuddle
3)kiss
4)smell you
5)pamper you
6)attentive
7)caring
8)givers
9)understands how demanding you are
10) good in bed
or that man doesn't exist?
Correction
**He seems to be boring lol
i need that book asap ;p
guys are so confusing!
dear Mystique: I mentioned the Gadgetman for "a reason".. :P
there actually is a "type" who is cuddly and all -the teddy bear - but he's kinda boring in bed..
And there are guys who are good in bed but -u guessed it- bastards.. :) i guess it's an either/or situation.. maybe a guy to marry and a guy to cheat on him with :P
dear raf*: i used to think so too.. turns out i was wrong.. this is exactly why men should also read this book.. to know about the other "types" that are hiding among them disguised as the "simple" ones :P
dear baroque: sure dear, no problem.. but it's white witch's book, i'm just borrowing it.. u should borrow it from her :)
dear *raf: nice :) i found your "make him fit" point especially very intirguing.. and so true.. isn't it what most women are trying to do anyway? whether there were 4 or 40 types.. you must find someone who does not fit..
How nay types of women do u think there are? :)
correction: MANY :)
Raf,
If you ever have insomnia "knowing that insomnia is a bitch" please inform me, I would love to help you sleep ;")
I am like Raf, I never ever do the types, I think each man has a different character, you cannot compare them, like oranges and apples, all are fruits but each has different flavor and taste and mood..
I wanted to read the book "He's just not into you" & "why men loves bitches" and "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus"
Hell with it, why should I read all of this? I want to follow my instict, and I am determined to.
Let's see where is my instict taking me to, the mysterious future I assume
Cheers
Post a Comment